No products in the basket.
With the recent launch of our breastfeeding pyjamas and the arrival of my second son Emmet who I seem to have been feeding round the clock! My mind has constantly been on the highs and lows of breastfeeding and how something so natural can be so tricky to master especially in the first few weeks.
Whilst researching how to make our breastfeeding pyjamas the best you can buy I came across lots of interesting facts on the subject which I thought you might like to read
Did you know…
- Two thirds of Mums produce more milk from their right breast than their left – how bizarre is that?! And it has nothing to do with being left or right handed!
- The milk you produce changes in nutritional value as your baby grows so the milk you make for a 3 month old is different than for a 9 month old, isn’t that amazing!
- If you baby is under the weather the milk you produce will be darker in colour and contain more antibodies helping your baby to fight any infections or illness, our bodies really are amazing.
- Apparently human milk contains substances that promote sleep and calmness in babies
- It takes on average 1000 calories a day to produce milk and breastfeeding mothers are advised to eat an extra 500 calories a day – the perfect excuse for cake!
- Apparently studies have shown that baby boys drink more breastmilk per day, on average, than girls!
However we really do appreciate that breastfeeding is far from easy and women need lots of support to breastfeed successfully, hopefully our pyjamas can be part of that. We take no judgement or view on “breast is best” its ultimately about mum and baby both being happy. Just know that we are here to support you with some PJ comfort if you are breastfeeding or not!
Buy them here https://pjmamma.co.uk/product/breastfeeding-pyjama/